- ORTHO OPTIONS GYNOL II (replacement for Ortho-Gynol Gelly)
- (Vaginal contraceptive)
The best in the world at the best
- Ortho options offers women a full range of easy to use
contraceptive product forms that are highly effective, safe and non-hormonal.
GYNOL II* is a clear, unscented, unflavoured, water
dispersible spermicidal jelly which contains 2% nonoxynol-9 buffered to normal
- Ortho Options Gynol II Vaginal
Contraceptive Jelly is an extra-strength, easy to use form of contraception.
Ortho Options Gynol II Contraceptive Jelly is clear, unscented, water-soluble
- Ortho Options Gynol II Contraceptive Jelly
is mildly lubricating and non-staining.
- Each application of Gynol II contraceptive
jelly contains 150 mg of Nonoxynol-9, whic provides effective protection when
used with a diaphragm or condom.
- Ortho Options Gynol II Extra strength
contraceptive jelly also provides effective protection against pregnancy when
used by itself although use with a diaphragm may provide extra protection.
- A diaphragm alone is not an effective
protection against pregnancy.
The diaphragm and Ortho Options Gynol II
Contraceptive Jelly are effective up to six hours. An additional application is
necessary if repeated intercourse takes place or if intercourse occurs more than
six hours after insertion. For best protection against pregnancy, follow the
enclosed instuction leaflet exactly.
- Ortho Options Gynol II contraceptive jelly
has no hormonal side effects.
- Each box contains one tube (108gm) of
contraceptive jelly, and one applicator.
- The spermicidal jelly (eg. Ortho Gynol Jelly) acts as an
important second barrier; chemicals in the jelly kill sperm that get past the rim of the
The tube opening is covered with a seal embossed with a
design. Unscrew the cap, and do not use if seal is punctured or embossed design is not
visible and return product to place of purchase. Keep this and all drugs out of the reach
of children. In case of accidental ingestion, call a poison control center, emergency
medical facility, or a doctor immediately. If vaginal/penile irritation occurs and
continues, contact your physician. Store at room temperature; avoid exposure to extremes
of heat or cold.